Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, October 20, 2006

Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This

First snowfall of the year, on October 12? What the fuck was that? What happened to all of that global warming I’ve been reading about? Oh man, first day with the new car in the snow. My car has never been in the snow. And I have never driven in snow so early in the year. The car and I were not ready. It sputtered in the cold and slid out of the lane. It really isn’t happy in the snow.

There I was, 7:30 in the morning taking the kids to school. The light turned green and I started to go. A car in cross traffic wasn’t able to stop at the light that had just turned red for him and he came centimeters from hitting us. Great way to start the day.

His eyes popped wide open as we made eye-contact. It was as if his eyes were saying, “Sorry in advance if I kill you. And if I don’t, have a lovely day, ma’am.”

It was at that moment that I realized I’d just thrown clothes on. I didn’t have any undergarments on at all. Don’t judge, people, it was a good night and my get up and go had got up and went. Getting ready just to take kids to school, was much more effort than I was ready to expel.

My mind considered my mother’s voice. You know the “clean underwear in case of an accident” lecture. Nowhere in that little talk did Mom think she needed to remind me to have underwear on in the first place.

Learn from my mistakes people, wear your skivvies just in case you have a close call and need to shit in them.

Glad you liked the video below. I’ll be sending it in soon and I’ll keep you updated. Have a great weekend!