Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, January 09, 2011

I'm no one's lap dog...

You can't put me on a leash. Johnny Rotten may have been on to something when he said that. Oh hey, are you still here?

It’s really hard to go back in time. This ol’ creature of habit can’t take it anymore. Having a boss…bosses… too many to count in fact, is too much for me. I’m going back to freelancing for the newspaper. Thankfully those above mentioned bosses agree. I flat out did better and was an all around happier me, not shackled to one of their desks.

I offered to give them the time they need to find a replacement - the right fit, rather than the first warm body, which means it may be a couple of months. But just knowing there is light at the end of this tunnel makes it bearable.

It’s been a rough few months. I’ve been fighting with my old man on a pretty regular basis about shit that normally would roll right off my back. The house is a total pigsty, because clearly I am the only one who knows how to ________ (fill in the blank with any random bullshit household chore).

And the kids are…where the fuck are the kids???

Lane 2 got her driver’s license and has not been seen since. Lane 1, well…he’s 18 and not in the military (Thank blog in interweb heaven! Story for another day.) but also not home often.

The animals are completely neglected as are my friends at the senior home and the little snot-nosed brats at the teen center. I’ve neglected anything and everything, including you my imaginary friends who reside in my computer. For this I apologize, sincerely.

To top it off, I couldn’t say how many times I wanted to pick up the phone and call my mom, or get in the car to see her. That is really the hardest part about the last few months of my life. Who knew I’d miss that crazy woman so much?! Certainly not me.

My mom was the one who ragged my ass to write a new blog post nearly every time. So this is where I blame my dead mother for you not having a new post here at Home Fires for months.

I hate to make you all think I’ve been 100% miserable for the last few months, because that isn’t true either. New stuff is tough to contend with when you’ve been doing the same-old-same-old for as long as I have, that’s all.

Anyhow, thanks for being here. Hopefully we’ll do this again soon.