Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Cat's In The Cradle

Something happened today that makes me realize, no matter how many times I say no, a bigger force is saying yes. Thankfully, this has nothing to do with my mother or the boy wanting a ferret. By the way, thank you all for your anti-ferret comments. I let Lane 1 read some and he is positive now he doesn't want one, ever.

Back to the issue at hand. Patches, our evil bitch cat, is going through a midlife crisis. I had no idea that cats can even have such a human type ailment, but I have no doubt, that's what's going on with her.

She is one of those typically antisocial cats that never did anything but hiss at any animal within her eyesight. It's nice seeing her interact with other cats for the first time in her life.

Today she did something I never imagined she would do. She brought a baby bunny home. She didn't bite into it or hurt it in any way, she only carried it like it was her baby. Our cat kidnapped some mom bunny's baby. I say no more pets and now our current pet is dragging animals home?! The kids swear they had nothing to do with this, however both asked if they could keep the baby bunny.

I had to unlock the cat's jaw to get the bunny out of her mouth. I frantically checked his little body for puncture wounds and found nothing. As tight a grip she seemed to have, she really was gentle with him.

I looked though the yard to try finding his mom or home but didn't find anything.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So what does this mean for the Lanes? Does this mean we now have a pet bunny? Does this mean we have to raise it until it's large enough to fend for itself? What I think this means is Lois needs to come up with answers to get "Catnip" a new home. Any suggestions?