Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, May 25, 2006

CODE RED!!

My cat ran away (again). Details about the last time, can be found here in a three-part series. (Scroll to the bottom and begin at The Stranger, July 6 post.)

A couple of months ago when my in-laws were staying at our house, their dog ripped a hole in the screen door. She is used to having a doggy door, so she made one. Mr. Lane has been promising to fix it since they left. He got sidetracked with planting season.

I haven't been able to leave the door open for fear of the cat sneaking out through the hole. Last night, Mr. Lane, who never noticed I don't use that door anymore, decided it was too hot in the house to keep the door shut. Chip saw opportunity.

Does our house suck so bad that the cat doesn't want to live here? Or is it just the stupid baby talk I throw his way all of the time? I hope it doesn't take another year to find him.