Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, May 19, 2006

Everybody Wang Chung Tonight!

Hey guys, how 'bout we go wang chunging tonight? I don't even know what that means. But it was the first thought to pop into my head when I found out where the state track meet is being held this weekend. Back in my old stomping grounds, where my favorite Chinese food restaurant is located. I will not only Wang Chung, I shall also Chop Suey. Isn't it sad to be excited about food, nearly as much as my son's participation in the state meet?

Anyhow, please keep your fingers crossed for my boy and wish me a happy egg roll.

Mom gave me hell on the phone this morning. "No blog yet? What the hell, Lo?! It's Friday, you have to blog!"

She claimed she would have nothing to read ALL WEEKEND, if I didn't blog today. What a crock of crap. I guess she doesn't know how big these internets are. She also doesn't know that me and the boy are going to be staying at her house Saturday night. Surprise! Oh, I bet she will be thrilled. From her house, the meet is just under 30 miles away. From our house it is nearly 100. Since it's a two day event, I'd be looking at 400 miles of driving if I didn't infringe upon my mother.

I am busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest, so I am asking you guys to post something funny for Mom to read over the weekend. Put your favorite link in the comments, or link to your all time funniest post.

Another turn down letter found its way into my mailbox. Syndicating Home Fires the "easy way" isn't working out so well. I've sent it to every major syndicate I know of, some more than once. All of which took months upon months to say, "Thanks but no thanks."

I decided to go with the self-syndication route. In order to do that, I have to obtain a major list of newspapers, find out who the managing editors are, write letters to each, compile some sample columns, mail them and keep my fingers crossed while I wait.

For the next few weeks, before I run off to clown college, I am going to be researching newspapers across the country and getting those submissions out. My goal is to get one paper in every state to run Home Fires. I figure if I charge less than a syndicate would, editors will be more apt to run my column. If you want to recommend your local paper to me, send me an e-mail at Home_Fires@comcast.net. I will approach all requests first.

Have a great weekend everybody!