Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, June 24, 2005

Tough Mama

One bites the nose from the face. Well fuck! Here is the blog post where I piss and moan about doing something I should have known better than doing, essentially biting off my nose to spite my face. Lane 1 will celebrate his birthday this Sunday. It will be his first birthday away from me and all because I threatened something I shouldn't have.

The other day, when his father was getting ready for another road trip, he started acting like a little shit. I told him to stop, chill and not act up. He did chill for a little while but as soon as I told him to help his dad, he gave me the "Dude! Come on!" treatment.

"Son, I don't know what's going on and I don't know why you have an attitude problem but if you don't knock this shit off, I'm sending you with Dad."

Sending him with Dad means, he will be in a truck for at least a week, probably two. He will have to help his father and God for bid, keep him company. I know Mr. Lane really wanted him to go but I had talked him out of it because I didn't want the kid out of town for his birthday.

There weren't anymore problems with Lane 1's attitude until later. He really didn't want to spend his birthday in a truck, and I can't say I blame him. Besides, selfishly, I wanted him to be with me on his special day.

I'm so pissed at myself that I don't even remember what exactly the little shit did as the final straw. As a parent, I've learned the hard way, you have to stick to your guns, otherwise, the kid will never listen. I've also learned, never have a punishment so harsh, that you wind up punishing yourself. Well, at least I learned it this time.

After whatever trivial annoying thing he said or did, he crossed his arms over his chest and told me, "Well, I ain't goin'!"

"Reealy?!" This is the part where I turned into a neck rolling mom (like on Springer) and began the, I don't think so lecture, followed by, "You are going."

Lane 1 and his dad are on their way to Colorado and there is no way he will be home for his birthday and now I'm bummed. I wish I had said something like, "You keep acting that way and you'll be washing dishes for the rest of the summer." This post might have began with, "One puts the soap on the sponge."

The punishment so far is harder on me but if I am to survive with a teenager in the house, I have to stick to my guns.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's Lane 1 and I in what I think is the first picture of us together ( I am usually the one behind the lens.) These are the times I miss most. Happy birthday son.