Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Operation RoLo

Operation RoLo is in full-swing! Thanks to all of you participating. If you are new here, this is the scoop: I want a comedy writing job, specifically one working for and with, Rosie O'Donnell. Last week it was announced that she is getting her own variety show, which is her dream job. Coincidence, that my dream job is writing sketch comedy for such a show? I think not. I would just die to be the Vicki Lawrence to her Carol Burnett. Die!!

Not that I want to be on screen, or die exactly, but you know what I mean.

So my post below is an open letter to Rosie O'Donnell asking her for a job. My friends here and elsewhere on these interwebs and in real life, are helping me achieve my dream job by commenting to Rosie in my comment section. They are also contacting Rosie through her website. In the Ask Ro section, they say I am someone she should consider for a comedy writing job, and they provide her with my link. Many are doing this every single day, and let me just say, I am so appreciative, I can't find the right words.

Every time I send her my own link, I feel so pushy and stalkery, but I do it anyhow because I know the squeaky wheel gets the grease. And since, Rosie played Rizzo in the Broadway production of Grease, it's RoLo fate for rizzle!

In 1978 my brother Jimmy got his license. Mom and Dad made him take all of us kids to the movie theater to see Grease. It was the first time we went anywhere in a car without our parents. We felt liberated. Well, maybe not Jimmy. Rizzo was my favorite character in the movie. She was a tough, funny and secretly a nice and sensitive person. Sound like anyone you know?

Seeing that movie, and feeling so liberated, as the whole lot of us drank from the same giant cup eating popcorn out of the same bucket, was my future taking shape. Who knew?

She intends to have lots of singing and dancing much like the acts from Vaudeville back in the day. Lucky for Rosie, I also love to write song parodies. Can you see the win/win here people?

So back to the mission... Operation RoLo began when I posted my last blog. But it didn't really take off until my good friend Dawn, yes Richmond BC Dawn made the suggestion that everyone send Rosie my link in her Ask Ro section. Dawn turned out to be a great leader. She sent the masses over to Rosie's blog, and I have no doubt one of those awesome people are going to get my link seen by Rosie O'Donnell. And, here I go pulling another contest out of my butt... whoever gets a comment through, that Rosie posts, with my link, will get their very own...



I know, it's pretty awesome. RoLo, is the unofficial candy of Operation RoLo.

A long time ago, there was an Irish, Catholic, funny girl who had a passion for making people laugh. She lost a parent to cancer. She has a passion for making life good for children. She was a magazine editor. She gets angry when she looks at the state of her beloved country. She loves her wife. She believes everyone should have equal rights. She loves with all of her heart. She knows anyone can fulfill their dreams.

Today, there is an Irish, Catholic, funny girl who has a passion for making people laugh. She lost a parent to cancer. She has a passion for making life good for children. She was a newspaper editor. She gets angry when she looks at the state of her beloved country. She loves her husband. She believes everyone should have equal rights. She loves with all of her heart. She knows anyone can fulfill their dreams.


In life, there are no coincidences, only fate.