Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Ode To Mom

Do you remember when I was young
I was your best behaved kid all along
Seven little brats and then there was me
I was a total suck up and I was your baby
When I thought about doing something bad
You'd lecture and threaten to tell my dad
But I wasn't scared of that old dude
He was a pussy cat... compared to you
There was something about us more special and true
There was something we shared, "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue"
When I went to school and made you a card
I spelled everything wrong but worked really hard
You smiled at me when you read what I wrote
"Here's a shiny maccarowny to where arrownd your throte"
Tomorrow will be special like back then
Macaroni and cards, I didn't over spend
You seemed to love the gifts made by me
So why try to top it with real jewelry
I know you wanted a ring of topaz
But Mom, I just don't have money coming out of my ass


(I'll see you back here Monday folks. As always, thanks for stopping by! You can sign up with RSS feed over there in the right sidebar, so you are informed of updates here at Home Fires. Happy Mother's Day! ~ Lois)