Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, June 27, 2005

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mother's birthday. She claims to have found the secret to staying young. "You pick an age you like and stick with it."

She claims to be 49. Again. Still.

I tried telling her to claim a much older age than she really is so people will say, "Damn! You don't look 80!"

Rather than them thinking, "Holy shit! You're only 49? You must have lived a really, really rough life."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is the birthday girl in 1962 before she popped out all of us wonderful children.

Please send your birthday wishes to my mom here in the comments or via e-mail at grannyoakley@hotmail.com.

P.S. (I love this little print. Her old eyes can't see it.) She has been holding me captive at her house for days trying to keep me from blogging about her really turning 61 this year. Yup, that's right, she is older than dirt. Amazingly enough, she doesn't look a day over 60... and a half.