Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, October 03, 2005

Random Bits Of Laughter

Having kids two years apart was something very important to me. I wanted my babies to grow up together and always have a buddy nearby. I, of course, didn't know I would have a boy then a girl. Thinking far into the future to the age of crushes and dating, never entered my mind back then. Lately, however, it's hit me like a giant chunk of the sky falling smack-dab on my head.

Lane 2 always has friends in the house. She and her girlfriends aren't allowed in the boy's room but last week, while Lane 1 was in his room doing homework, I caught one of Lane 2's friends peeking in the crack of his door.

Just as I was about to tell Ashley to leave him alone, he came out of his room for a snack. She followed him. Her little eyes twinkled and she was smiling ear-to-ear.

He looked over his shoulder and she was right behind him. "Ash, why are you always following me around?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Just because."

"Well, you're starting to creep me out."

Lane 2 chimed in with a sing songy, "She likes you Lane."

"Ewww!" He said, as he walked faster to get away.

Ashley's little feelings were hurt. You could see it on her face. But her persistence was cute as hell. She pouted with her little hands on her hips.

He smiled and shook his head at her and said, "Why don't you go play with my sister and leave me out of all this mushy crush stuff?"

As soon as she walked away in a huff, Lane 1 looked at me very seriously and said, "Is that one of those things I'm going to regret in about ten years?"

I laughed and said, "You'll regret that one in five years, son."




The Saturday before last, Lane 2 skipped into the kitchen with her hand cupped over the mouth piece of the telephone and asked, "Hey Mommy? Can Kaitlyn spend the night?"

Before I could give an answer, Lane 1 chimed in. "No way! I can't stand her. She is that stupid girl from school who bugs me all the time Mom."

Lane 2 said, "Shut up Dingle Berry Fin! I was talking to Mom. Besides, who died and made you boss? "

This is how nicknames get started in my family. The boy has been "Dingle Berry Fin" ever since.




Yesterday was my cousin Joey's birthday. I called to wish him a happy one and to see how his folks (Auntie Shorty and Uncle Giant) were doing. He said they were at the store picking a few things up. I asked what he had planned for the day. He said he had plans with one of his buddies from work.

It dawned on me, I have no idea where he works now. So, I simply asked. You would swear Joey had a gig going with the FBI.

Tightlipped, he said, "Oh no. I'm not saying anything. You never know what'll turn up in that blog of yours."

"Haha! Come on Joe. I won't say anything." I crossed my fingers.

He told me all about his gig as a male stripper. I guess that time our families vacationed together, the Village People impersonators really made an impact on him.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's too bad we never got a photo of Joey (19 on shirt) with the Indian dude. I think he was his favorite, and of course, his inspiration. Here are my cousins Tony, Joey and in the back are my sister Angie and I during that wonderful vacation.

Happy birthday Joey!

What you have read about my cousin Joey is a big fat lie. He has a normal boring job.