Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Sis Boom Bah!

Thanks for all of the words of encouragement yesterday. You guys are too sweet. Yeah, I'm a persistent bitch, so chances of me ever giving up for good are pretty slim. But, I do have to make money. Freelance work is slim pickin' right now. All of the places who pay for shit are hiring left and right. All of the big money deals are falling through my fingertips faster than my boobs are sagging.

I have a couple bites on steady 9 to 5 jobs. I love Hoss to pieces but I can't take him up on his offer to sponsor my postage costs by me adding Pay Pal to this ol' blog. You guys offer me a ton in support, which I obviously can't take to the bank but it does help me in a lot more ways than I can express.

Speaking of Hoss, You have to pop over there today and see how cute he looks in his NIU sweatshirt. It was a little birthday gift I sent him. I'll tell you what, he puts the Lady in Red to shame.

Now, back to me being a persistent bitch. When I was little I wanted to learn how to ride a bike. I was 5-years-old and didn't even own a bike. I was sure if I could learn by stealing borrowing a neighbor kid's bike, my parents would certainly be proud and get me one of my very own.

Every one of my siblings was too busy to teach me. My parents didn't think I was ready. Plus, they knew I didn't have a bike and my birthday was a long ways off.

That didn't stop the mini persistent bitch within. I got a hold of that kid's bike. I tried for hours. I fell countless times. I would fall, limp into the apartment, get a lecture from my parents, then a Band-Aid and head right back out as they shook their heads at me. This went on for hours.

I was beat to crap by the end of the day. I had Band-Aids on top of Band-Aids. There was no unhurt skin left on my knees, elbows, hands, chin, shoulders or my back.

I remember my dad's eyes looking teary as he pleaded with me to give it a rest.

I remember my mom's lips gently kissing each of the bandaged spots as she asked, "Why do you keep hurting my baby?"

They allowed me to go out there and try time and time again even though I could see they really didn't want me to.

I was riding on two wheels all by myself. In my excitement I called for them.

"MOM! DAD! MAAAA! LOOOK! HEY! I'M DOIN..." BAM!

They looked out the door just in time to see me eat dirt. Tears welled up in my eyes. I wiped my snot onto my arm, brushed myself off, looked at my parents who incidentally had the sympathetic head tilt going on, and I hopped back onto the bike.

I could hear them cheering and clapping but I couldn't look at them because I knew I would fall again. Instead I rode around and around in that parking lot yelling in a sing songy way, "I did it. I did it!"

Before the kid down the street realized I'd stolen his bike By the end of the day, I returned the bike to the kid I borrowed it from because my parents said they would take me to the toy store for my very own bike.

Persistence does pay off. As I sulked about the agent that wasn't, I remembered that day as if it were happening that moment. Your words of encouragement are just like Mom kissing the boo-boos or Dad tearing up. You blog buddies aren't just my imaginary friends who live in my computer. You all have become this giant newfangled bra. Now I ain't talkin' 'bout no under wire, poke you in the side of the tit for no good reason bra either. You are super supportive and when I get down, you lift me up. Thanks!