Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, February 24, 2006

Angie Wants To Know

My sister Ang wants to know what my favorite concert was. It's really hard to pick just one because I've seen so many. Gotta love the press pass. Since most everything is in the company you keep, I'd have to pick the Country Thunder series I saw with my best friend Honey. She posed as my photographer and the two of us had a great weekend in the sun.

Country Thunder is like hillbilly Woodstock that takes place annually in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin. People camp onsite to watch some 50-plus country music stars do their thang over a four-day weekend. The campers shower outside, which was much too funny not to stick around and see.

Cowboys, oh boy do I just love that kind of eye candy. Yum! Oh, where was I? Oh, music. Yes, they have that there too. I think. I mean, who can get beyond the tight jeans, cowboy boots and shirtless tanned abs that flow freely there year-after-year? I would happily trade a keg for a six pack of that. Ahhh, so dreamy.

A-hem... Ang also would like to know what color my pants are. What kind of sick little monkey are you anyhow Ang? You know I blog nekkid. Sheesh! Which I guess also answers Biscuit's question.

Yes Sista, I always wish on stars and sometimes those wishes come true.

She also wants to know what my favorite holiday is. It changes for me year to year. Christmas is always special but not always my favorite. I think I'll go with National Arbor Day. Fine, I love them all! Every one is special in its own way.

My favorite place to read is in that big comfy chair in my living room. You know the one everyone fights over when you guys visit. I used to have this lovely Tiffany lamp with a humming bird on it, on the table beside my favorite chair. But, your mother stole it. So now the lighting near my favorite chair is less than perfect so my eyes will probably stop working sometime really soon. I also used to have a lovely floor vase on the other side of said chair. But if memory serves me correctly, Anita ran off with that.

For you readers to get a grasp of these crazy people I love, also known as my family, whenever one of us has a party, the rest of us, the guests, if you will, go shopping in the hostess's house. I've actually taken paintings off of my mother's walls. Who's having the next party guys?









Weekend Extra

A few months after my dad died, Mom and I were on the phone. She was taking life in stride and trying her best to continue on the way Dad wanted her to. Granted she was sad but almost confused. It was as if she didn't know what to do next. Finally, she said "Now what?" Like the hardest part was over and she was seeking answers of how to carryon without the man she spent her life with.

When we got off of the phone, I hacked out the lyrics below. My musical buddy Vince rolled with it and sent me a rough draft. You can listen here.

Now What?

Every promise meant forever
Ever day you swore you'd never
Let me go
Never let me go

I get up every mornin'
No more nights with all your snorin'
No more touch upon my face to
Let me know
Ohhh to let me know

I keep trying to go on livin'
But all those nights that we been missin'
They let me know
Oh they let me know

Now what?
What am I gonna do
Now that I've lost you
I don't wanna start my day
Without lookin' at your face
Now what?

People ask if I'm okay
Don't know why they can't see
Just look at my face
Time hasn't healed the pain

So many nights of me cryin'
Too many years we spent trying
Not to go
Never letting go
Oh never letting go

I keep trying to go on livin'
But all those nights that we been missin'
They let me know
Oh they let me know

Now what?
What am I gonna do
Now that I've lost you
I don't wanna start my day
Without lookin' at your face
Now what?

I gave you up to bigger hands
Thanked the Lord for the time we had
We'll meet again in better times
Ohhh in better hands
Now, what?