Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Ask Lois Segment Continues

Dante wants to know if my home were threatened with a natural disaster, and I had time, what is the one item I would grab before evacuating. Since kids and pets are already included, there is nothing I have or need that couldn't be replaced. I know that isn't the answer you were looking for but that's truly how I really feel.

I have a cedar chest that belonged to my grandmother. It is filled with family pictures from as far back as my mom's childhood (I'm talkin' OLD). It would sadden me greatly if I no longer had it, but if I could just grab hold of that recovery disc before being swept away to the Land of Oz with Toto too, I'd have a copy of all of that stuff and more. Okay, Dante, I'd grab the disc.

He also wants to know who gets control over the radio in the car, and what they listen to when I take the kids to school. Looks like you kind of answered this one yourself buddy. The kids do get control of the music in the car. I make them take turns. The boy usually gets control in the morning and the girl in the afternoon. If they fight, it's all mine and I'll put on classical or NPR just to piss them off.

The boy listens to bands like My Chemical Romance, Ozzy, Placebo, Green Day, Kanye West, Eminem, Mike Jones, 50 Cent and some other Crunk-meisters who I can't know the names of. Basically alternative, rock and hiphop.

My girl likes Kelly Clarkson, Hilary Duff, Avril Lavigne, Pink, Black Eyed Peas, the Cheetah Girls, Evanescence and 3-Doors Down.

Their music has grown on me. My favorite part about listening to music with them is hearing them sing. Nothing funnier than my little honky gettin' jiggy wit it.

If you have a question for me, leave it in the comments and I'll get to it soon.




Image hosting by Photobucket

Happy 20th birthday to my niece Star. I'm only giving you an old picture today because she is so gorgeous as an adult that I don't want any of the guys saying she is hot. In my mind she is still a baby and that kind of comment could totally make me ill. Here she is, age 8, with her newborn sister Dee.





I think Blogroll eats some links because there are a couple of people who I had on my sidebar and are no longer there. No, I'm not losing my mind. I didn't delete them and forget. I have only removed links that are inactive. If yours isn't on my sidebar and you want it to be there, just let me know and I'll add or re-add you. Mike and Mona, you're back on the roll.