Image hosted by

Sunday, March 15, 2009

And so it Goes

In the last two weeks, two of my biggest fans passed away. The first was our dear Hoss. The second was one of my old publishers who had been fighting esophageal cancer. Both had more faith in me and my writing than I ever had. My ego, along with all of my other 2,000 parts, will miss them immensely.

Thank you all for the condolences in the last post. I send mine to you as well. Hoss was loved by so many. I don't think he would like all of this attention, getting top billing on my blog for so many days. He's probably already off being reincarnated into a Sasquatch taunting hunters all over Oregon's countryside, because that's just how he'd roll. And he'd probably say, "Being sad about me checking out, is about as dumb as being sad about the dung beetles love of dung."

And so it goes.

My Dad is in great company in the afterlife. I have no doubt the three of them have teamed up to make some magic happen for me. I've received three really big freelance assignments out of the blue.

Beyond excited. Bummed that I can't share details. And so it goes, because ghostwriting is just that way. Ooohh, I just got a visual of me doing dirty things to my old man while we play in clay. I guess that isn't exactly what they mean by the term ghostwriting.

A-hem... it has been a stellar week in spite of great losses.

Do you know what this is? Yes, it's my daughter, Lane 2.

Do you know why she would be this happy? Or shocked?

She won $300 at the teen center dance. We've had this guess how many candies in the jar contest since Sept. 26. It started with $20 and steadily increased. The guy who planned and organized the contest told me she has been one or two numbers off for eight weeks.

I also had the pleasure of having an old school friend come over last night for a sleepover. Much like the sleepovers of our past, we didn't get much sleep. We stayed up until 3 a.m. laughing our heads off, as if we never lost touch.

Come back in a couple of days and I'll tell you all about the story that made us laugh on and off for eight solid hours.