Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Photograph

My daughter Lane 2, took some pictures of our travels and time spent at the in-laws. You can read the full story below. Our 6 1/2 hour ride turned into a 9 1/2 hour ride because of the road and weather conditions.




Here's Mr. Lane trying to pull ice off of the windshield wipers.




Here's a state trooper controlling the speed by leading the way.




Here's a jackknifed semi. She got some other good accident shots of the 41 we saw, but I'll spare you.




Here's Daisy chomping away on a travel cup.




The story about the supermarket buffet is also below. But little did I know, Lane 2 brought her camera and took this picture of her dad uncomfortably walking up to get seconds. See, it really is in the MAIN grocery aisle!




Christmas Eve, Mr. Lane's dad dressed up like Santa. Here he is with some of his grandkids and his first great-grandchild and one of his grand-doggers.




After his grandchildren tormented him, he got up and staggered his way toward his regular clothes. He looks drunk, doesn't he?




Grandpa and Nana Lane bought Lane 2 a beret, which I thought looks really pretty on her.


So enough holiday fun. Here's what we Lanes are doing this fine Saturday morning.




Lane 1 and Lane 2 playing Rockband. I love how they really get into it. Her face is so serious and he is rockin' his heart out.


But something terrible happened soon after the game was over...one of the bathroom lights high in the ceiling went out.


So how many Lanes does it take to change a light bulb?




And why did it look so perverted from my angle?




We really need to buy a ladder, and some storm windows so we don't have to put plastic and... duct tape? on our windows. Oh yeah, we are classy rednecks!




But they got 'er done.




And headed out to play more Rockband...




...but not before Mr. Lane dropped our son.


I hope you all have a great weekend! With these people around me, I know I will.