Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Let U Go

Before and after harvest Mr. Lane drives a semi-truck. Mostly, he is delivering seed and crop. Every once in a while, during this time of year he is able to stop at home in between trips.

The other day, I had to pick him up at a rest area a few miles away. He was only going to be able to stay for dinner and a shower. He needed to take off for a delivery going to Minnesota.

When he does these drive-by visits, there is little warning. He usually calls as he is pulling his semi into the rest area. I have to gather the kids and go fetch him.

The weather here had finally broke, somewhat. The kids were outside playing. Before receiving Mr. Lane's call, I told Lane 1 to check in and not to be late incase we had to go pick up his dad.

As he was headed outside, the phone rang. I stopped my son, told him that his dad was calling to be picked up. He begged me to let him and his sister stay and play with their friends outside, reminding me how nice the weather was and how I was only going a few miles away. I refused, he begged. We went back and forth a few times. Finally he said, "I promise we'll be good. And if she dies... I'll... clean up the mess."

Although he cracked me up, I made them come with. Thanks to Vince for inspiring me to share this post.







Remember a couple of weeks ago when I said I wanted to have another contest for my 50,000th visitor? Guess I got distracted because it sailed by and I have no idea who it was. Do I wait until Home Fires hits 60,000 before the next prize giveaway? What do you think?

It's a busy, busy day here. I'll get back to the ask Lois segment tomorrow.