Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, April 28, 2006

The Farmer In The Dell

The truth behind the item on the auction block mentioned in yesterday's post, comes with a devastating ending. As I was admiring the Big Guy Upstairs, whose image appeared in that now-famous plum, I started to get hungry. Certain the powers of Satan were afoot, I tried my best to refrain from eating the forbidden fruit. I am a mere mortal and the power overcame me.

If there is an auction jailhouse for heathens like me, lock me up because I ate the Holy one. And since I am headed south, I guess it would be okay to let you all know, He was damn tasty.




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Do you know who that handsome hunk of redneck is above? It's Mr. Lane. The kids and I drove him to work at 4:30 this morning. Can you say, "The early bird gets the worm, and the bags under her fucking eyes?" We had to stay with Mr. Lane for two hours. He's so lucky we love him.

Unfortunately, by the time we got back, the kids had to rush around to get ready for school. Both asked if they could just take the day off. A tiny part of me wanted to let them. I was tired too. But then that sensible-Mom side of me kicked in and I made them go.

After I drove them to school, I thought about that lovely couch, sitting there all alone. So sad really. Maybe I'll go cuddle with it for just a quick minute. An hour later I woke up in a puddle of drool with my hair stuck to my face. Good times.

I almost felt bad for my kids who were likely dragging ass at school, almost. Since I am now hours behind on my work, I will bid you all a great weekend.