Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Finding My Way

I'm copycatting today because I find myself amazed how so many people find me on the net. I have seen many people post what others are inputting on various search engines to find their site and I thought I would do the same.

I like to think it is the story telling that brings readers in, however, that isn't always the case. Search engines are a good chunk of my visitor numbers.

I have a tracking system on the bottom of my right side bar. It's the little purple globe. If you click on it, you can see all of the statistical information about Home Fires.

On the main page there are options including, summary, unique visitors, inclu. excl. reloads, geo tracking, system tracking, referrer tracking 1 and 2.

The referrer 1 is where the searches are located. Several people find me while searching for lyrics because so many of my post titles are also song titles. I was surprised to find "I'm on the top of the world looking down on creation" one of the most popular of song titles I've used.

You remember when my husband, the mondegreen (big fancy word for people who sing lyrics incorrectly) was singing Harlem Black Girl instead of Hollaback Girl? Apparently many other people thought that is what Gwen Stefani was singing also because hits for that search were aplenty.

This one search scares me a little. Someone searched for, "is it okay for my husband to suckle?" That search turned up with Home Fires because of my breastfeeding post where I wrote about chasing my husband with my gushing geysers.

And finally somebody searched for, "ass big tit teen mom anal sex." To the person who somehow found this wholesome blog with that oozing nastiness, I say unto you, what the fuck you dirty nasty?!

So all of that got me thinking, how did you find Home Fires? If you can't remember, share some of your blog's odd searches.