Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I Smell T-R-O-U-B-L-E

There are so many things going on. Life is crazy. I wish I had time to update yesterday but, thankfully some decent work came through. When I say decent, I mean stuff that can actually cover the cost of a bill or two.

My mom gets pissed when I don't blog. And strangely enough, I feel bad when I don't. Anyone know why that is? I also feel bad for not having time to visit everybody else's sites. Is it lame to say I've been thinking about all of you? Well not all of you. At least not at the same time. And certainly not when the mister and I are having quality time. But other than that, I really have.

This morning my daughter was in the school spelling bee. So was Kayla, my friend Sissy's daughter. Lane 2 was out and four others were left on the stage. The painful part was watching my friend's daughter lose to my daughter's nemesis.

Chucky is what I'll call him. (Think of the scary doll in those horror flicks.) Anyhow, I think because Chucky's parents work at the school, the words were stacked. With just Kayla and Chucky on the stage, Kayla had to spell "strephosymbolia" and Chucky got the word "basic". (Slight exaggeration on my part maybe but not much.)

I know the rest of the day is going to suck for my daughter because Chucky is in her class. The two fight for smartest all of the time. Last year when Chucky beat Lane 2 in the spelling bee, he teased her for weeks. As this spelling bee approached, he made sure to remind her what word she missed and repeatedly misspelled it the way she did. Did I mention I hate that little fucker? Haha!

So by now you might be thinking, what does, I smell trouble, which is the title of today's post, have to do with any of this. So now I'll tell you. Every time the spelling bee comes up, I think of the Travis Tritt song I Smell T-R-O-U-B-L-E. In the song, he actually sings the letters of the word trouble.

Most of you know about my husband Mr. Lane, AKA Mr. Mondegreen. When that song came out I heard him singing, "I Spell T-R-O-U-B-L-E." Yes, he spells it not smells it. God I love to make fun of him for that!